Saturday, August 7, 2010

How do I find out a criminal lawyers ';track record'; with cases in Arkansas?

I've gone to the Arkansas Bar web page and they don't list anything re: the cases, percentage of wins/loss, any disciplinary actions, if they actually try cases are mostly arrange plea deals, etc. Any help is appreciated.How do I find out a criminal lawyers ';track record'; with cases in Arkansas?
Shoot I am having a mind block.. cant think of what that is called for each state... there is a board for each state that has the track record for each attorney or law office. If I remember it, I will edit this. Sorry.





PS Email you state's attorney general's office. I have done that before. It is easy and they do respond. Ask them, for sure they would know.How do I find out a criminal lawyers ';track record'; with cases in Arkansas?
Ask for references. You could try calling the Arkansas Bar on the phone. They might tell you what you need to know.
cant answer your main question (I'm from Australia), but I will say that a win/loss record wont tell you anything. I'm a law student and I've been doing work experience with a criminal barrister for a while, and in some cases ';winning'; is pleading guilty and ensuring the defendant gets a sentence that isnt jail... Its just not possible sometimes to get a not guilty verdict.





good luck with the rest of it
By word of mouth if you live in the state of Arkansas.
You wont find that information there. Call the local county jail and ask for the the records/booking department. Those guys usually know who the good attorneys are. I'd give you my website, by my firm is in NY - Sorry! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment